I'd like to begin this post by stating that things such as journaling, meditating, daily gratitude lists, etc, will look different for everyone. It is the trendy thing right now to "be mindful" or "live slow", and while I am a fan of mindfulness, it is not going to look like the template so many books are handing out nowadays. In short, you do you.
This week I am grateful for:
1. The pups. I want to strangle them sometimes for mooshing at all hours of the night, but they're my girls. They love me unconditionally, and I love them. Even when they eat their poop. Even when they take up the whole bed.
2. My clients. The friendships I have made and the progress I see them make weekly is the cliche "why I do what I do", but it really is. Not many things are more satisfying than seeing a light bulb go off in their head when it all clicks. Or when you see them grow into mentally and physically stronger people.
3. Gifts that are made. I just opened up a tub full of blankets my mom and clients have made me over the years. They are freshly washed and ready to be snuggled. My two dinosaurs are with them as well.
4. Moms. I'm so lucky to have an amazing one, and to know so many women who are taking on motherhood like bosses.
5. Fall weather. Give me September through November any day of the year. No pumpkin spice though, please. I tried to get in the "basic spirit" and bought some pumpkin spice almond milk creamer. BLEH.
The Daily Roast is a thought, question, list, or any other mini that doesn't need an entire blog. Thought Flights are here to get you pondering and wondering.